Design a physical object that allows a user to count up or down.
“Big Red” is a simple big red button that a user can press to count up or down. I designed this button based on Pavlov’s theory of Classical conditioning, a behavior modification in which an innate response to a potent stimulus becomes expressed in response to a previously neutral stimulus; this is achieved by repeated pairings of the neutral stimulus and the potent stimulus that elicits the desired response.
Big red is designed to be the potent stimulus to:
- Discourage a bad behaviour/vice (counting up).
- Associate positive feeling (freedom) to a negative stimuli (work). i.e, counting down to a vacation.
- Digital counter that counts up or down every time the big red button is pressed.
- Speakers that will play music / sound effects each time the big red is pressed.
- i.e., a person counting down to a vacation will hear a triumphant / anthemic music heralding freedom from the work day.
- i.e., a person counting up to record his or her vice will hear an alarm sound each time the button is pressed.
- USB Powered
- LED light to signal feedback